Monday, September 1, 2008

TIM GUNN FROM PROJECT RUNWAY: MY NEW TV CRUSH...*SIGH*


Yes, it's true. He's my new TV crush...move over Stephen Colbert, Tim Gunn is gonna "make it work" for me. I just love his style and his taste and the way he tells the designers to "carry on" after he totally breaks apart their ideas....and always for the good, I might add. If they listen to Tim, they can hang on another week....those nasty egos always get in the way. Anyway, I've started thinking in his voice, using his catch-phrases as I go about my day...tonight, when I couldn't log in to start my fall semester at school, I was ready to explode with frustration, but then Tim said, "make it work" so I emailed the admin and told them I expected them to accommodate me in the classroom as I couldn't officially log in before the deadline....so THAT'S fixed....I listened to Tim on THAT one....now I have to go through my house and closet and put things together for my garage sale....gotta put some money together to help finance Prop 8 while clearing out the house...I can just hear Tim now as "we" go through my closet..."What were you thinking? ..."Did you mug a homeless person?"....Who are you? Appalachian Barbie?"...."Deborah, please, you look like a doily in that".....

So, that's my confession du jour....me and Tim Gunn....sorry Stephen....you'll just have to "carry on"....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

the first thing you should know is that i live under a pop culture rock and as such, i have never, not once, not once in my lifetime seen Project Runway. wouldn't know where to find it on my TV if i wanted to watch it.

that said, i think this Tim Gunn guy looks like the male counterpart of Sarah Palin. i read over the weekend that someone famous, i forget who, said that Sarah Palin looks like one of those women who, if she took off her glasses and shook her hair loose, she'd probably be pretty sexy. well, i can say the same thing about Mr. Gunn. lose the tie, dude, take the product out of your hair and voila, Debbie Leighton will meet you at the door! :)

Emmy said...

Mom, you can delete your junk comments. . .one way to avoid those are simply to activate those stupid type-the-letters-that-you-see thing. I will help if you can't figure it out. I love Mr. Gunn! He really is entertaining. . .and, always builds up the designers. . that's what I like about him. He makes a withdraw from someone's emotional bank account, but always makes a deposit at the same time.