Friday, November 12, 2010

GOD WILL NOT LET ME BE COOL...

This afternoon, I accompanied my mother to the imaging center for a much needed x-ray of some hardware in her right upper leg. It's been several years since it was evaluated and needed to be looked at. Since she was in some pain, it was no easy task to get her there. She has a nice walker (she calls it her cadillac) but it's a little cumbersome to get her in the car, fold the cadillac up and put it in the car, and then redo the whole thing to get her out of the car, and then actually GET her to the correct office in the office building, yada yada yada.

So, after finally getting her to the correct office, down the correct hall,, this very young, new, immature, this-far-from-being-a-fetus imaging tech says to me, "I'll have to have my supervisor take a look at this order from her physician that was faxed over to see if we can perform this x-ray. It's not very clear."

I said, "What's the confusion? I'll be happy to clarify what the need is. She just needs her femoral hardware imaged." It's not that tough. I worked in radiology for years, and this is a no-brainer. (I didn't tell her that because I wanted to preserve her ego, but I KNEW there was no problem with the faxed order.)

So...she made my elderly mother, in obvious distress, wait while she took her un-experienced, immature, insecure butt to her supervisor who, of course, okay'd it. She wheeled mother to the exam room, got the films, and when she returned her, she said to Mom, "Sorry about the wait" to which I replied, "did you hear that Mom? She just called you fat". Then...as I smugly walked out, God smirked...and had me walk through a cobweb...and nothing says "uncool" like walking through a cobweb...

3 comments:

Blasé said...

God and his antics.

When he starts using cobwebs, that's when I start cussin'...

Please give your mother a hug from Blasé

Dutch Sugar Babe said...

I hope the pain your mother was experiencing has subsided.

Cobwebs.. so beautiful when dewed in the misty autumn air..

but a cobweb brushing against your face ???
*shudder* JEEBUS! *shudder*

The Katzbox said...

And the flailing and grimacing and dancing and squeeing...pathetic....