Wednesday, November 10, 2010

DEATH BY PINKIES-I GET IT GOD

So....this morning I was in a hurry. People were coming over, I had to get dressed, wash up...you know. I scrubbed my teeth, brushed my hair, and ran the water to get it warm so I could wash my face. I'm a pretty basic girl when I'm in a hurry. Soap and water do the trick for me, followed by a slap of moisturizer. So...the water got warm, I worked up a lather with the soap, and commenced to slather my face with the bubbles. I did the basic "up and down" movement with my open palms going over my face...picked up speed...and then it happened.

As my hands were traveling up my face, from my chin to my forehead, apparently the super slippery, careless nature of my speedy washing allowed for each of my pinky fingers to slide, rapidly and rather violently, up each nostril until they couldn't really go any further and came to a violent stop somewhere at my septum. Tears sprang to my immediate blood-shot eyes. I rinsed off the remaining soap and blotted my face dry. My nose was screaming at me, though I was relatively certain it was pretty clean, what with the soapy suds and all. I could have killed myself by my own pinkies. It was ugly. What the heck?
This is payback from the church pew thing. I know it. I heard you God. Loud and clear.

10 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Blasé said...

You're starting to worry me. Keep those nails trimmed.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

I hope you cleared your sinuses for a lifetime, at least.
Blase sent me over, and so I'm here. It's worth it! I think I'll be following. xo

The Katzbox said...

RawknRobyn, so great to have you!!! Thanks for stopping by. I'll be at your place soon. Love you user pic!

Hugs, Deb

Blasé said...

Some smooth-talking, very confident (emphasis very), cocky, handsome fellow told me to come over here and check-out your blog. So I did.

not bad

The Katzbox said...

Blase', thanks for sending over such nice people. They have been wonderful and they have all mentioned your name when they came from your blog. Loverly, really. Their comments have been very supportive and sweet. I am overwhelmed. Thank you again!

You're very kind. I appreciate it so much.

:)

Be well!

Deb

Dutch Sugar Babe said...

OMG, your poor nose!
You take 'picking your brain' very literally. Hahahihi ho :)

Hey, who is that smooth talking, sexy guy over there?

Have a nice Monday, Deborah.

Marla said...

You are my kind of gal! Hilarious!!

Sandra said...

I'm laughing hysterically! I have the visual "loud and clear!"

The Katzbox said...

DDG: Thanks for coming over. I wish I could pick peoples' brains as well as I attempt to pick my own!!! :)

Maria: Have you done this?...tee hee....thanks for stopping by! :)

Saundra: Thanks for stopping by. Glad you enjoyed the post. I appreciate it.

:)