Wednesday, December 23, 2009

ONE OF THESE DAYS, KID, ONE OF THESE DAYS....

Another "play" experience with Clarkie.

I made up a game called "Tickle Spider". It's about what you imagine. My hands are tickle spiders. I run and chase the boy, but only just behind him, and then throw him on the couch (after several close calls) and then tickle him gently on the neck and sides...and sometimes on the piggies.

Everyday when I'm there, he will spontaneously look at me and say, "*Gasp*, chase me tickle spider!" Who could possibly refuse? Now, with the recent diagnosis of his asthma, as well as his over-the-top excitability, we have to stop playing when I can hear him wheezing. THAT'S when the game settles down and it's quiet time. He just gets soooooooooooo into it.

Today, after we played awhile, he ran into the kitchen and told his mom, "Mama, Moo Moo scares me!"

Without hesitating a moment (which is her gift), and keeping a perfectly straight face (another gift), Ms. Em says to her son, "Really Clark? Because she's short and weighs about 90 pounds. She's also old. Soon you'll be able to kick her out of your way with one leg. Now go play with Moo."

And how was YOUR day?....

3 comments:

Emmy said...

hahaahahahaahahahahahaahahhha!!

Jette said...

I just love these little stories. It feels like I'm right there with y'all. I love that.

The Katzbox said...

Oh...you're here Jetson...you're here....