Thursday, January 8, 2009

IMAGINARY PASSENGERS...

Sometimes I like to pull people up from history and put them in my front seat with me. I like to drive around the city with them, or take them over the mountain with me and have imaginary conversations with them. I am a champ at imaginary conversations. A CHAMP! I can't begin to tell you the people I've spoken with. Joseph Smith (he's quite funny), Abraham Lincoln (a very dry wit), Mother Theresa (so short, I worry about the airbag thing), well, lots. I like to get their reactions to what's going on currently. Some people aren't very fun. Very stuffy types just aren't fun. But they get what's coming....oh do they....they are a captive audience my friends and they hear a thing or two, believe you me....they get the good finger-wagging they should have gotten before they went and died. For instance, there have been a few egomaniacal rock stars that blew out their own candles a little too soon that heard it from me, BUT GOOD! And Freud. He's has had the riot act read to him on more than one occasion. "Hey Sig, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. And SOMETIMES it's a nail file. A sharp one. That can stab an Austrian right through his puffy chest!"

Sometimes I hear it though. Sometimes a kind and loving Ghandi will set me back...he'll be all mellow to my madness...so I'll just drop him off and have to ponder stuff for awhile...oh sure, I'll pass him now and again...he'll be on the side of the road, smiling and waving, but I won't pick him up....I'll have to think...

That's why I have my imaginary dinner parties...to bring everyone together and work it out...but that's another post....


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

deb, you take the freakin' cake, girlfriend. ridin' around with imaginary people. of all the...

have you ever ridden with mary todd lincoln? if so, is she really as ugly as her pictures make her look?

Emmy said...

What about Brigham Young?

The Katzbox said...

I haven't had any conversations with Mary Todd Lincoln, tho I've been quite intrigued with her...she was so woo woo ya know...lots of weird goings on in the White House....in keeping with that time in history...Spiritualism was extremely popular at that time....and don't get me started on Canadagua, New York around where the Church was started...huge, weird stuff was happening there.....

And regarding Brigham Young...you know, he was a really good looking guy and I can't get him to talk to me...he just isn't into it I guess...he was so busy or something but I can't use my imagination to conjure him up...I've been in his summer home, I've been in his cemetary, I've read up on his history and his home life, but I cannot, for the life of me, have a posthumous convo with that gentleman...Joseph Smith is much more approachable....can't explain it....I guess he just isn't a warm/fuzzy maybe?....

Eli Bowman said...

What about Cleopatra?

Cindy said...

Deb, If I WERE to drive and talk to imaginary people I would pick a whole diffrent type..Dean Martin - because I love him. Paul Newman, George Clooney come to mind. If it had to be a guy from the history books it would be a young Hitler so I could throw him from my car at a high rate of speed.
I can imagaine you doing you "talks" with these people. That is a whole other blog for I would love to know what the tell you!

The Katzbox said...

Eli-Cleopatra and I have had conversations. First off, "Cleopatra" is a title, there were many woman called Cleopatra so I'm assuming you're meaning the (in)famous Cleo who dated Ceasar and Marc Antony...right? She was very pragmatic when she spoke with me. She was very loyal to her people, who weren't really her people, genetically speaking, the people she ruled over were Egyptians and she was Macedonian, but she just did whatever she had to do to get the job done. And she loved her powerful men...power is seductive in any culture, but she was powerful in her own right so she really doesn't excuse herself...she's pretty interesting.

Cindy, I have also had convos with Dean Martin. He was so dreamy and nice, I can't tell you. In fact, I had a dream about he and I driving around southern California BEFORE I even knew I was moving here. Weird, huh? But he was cute, and nice, and funny, and totally, without having to say it, out of my league, but it was fun to ride around with him because you know, when someone is in your front seat, you're technically in the same league for awhile.... ;)

Cindy said...

Well if I had Dean Martin in the passenger seat of my car..driving would not be the activity I would dream of...My husband is aware of my love for Dean and I think he may understand. I think. My husband is the Dean Martin type and often sings to me..every body loves somebody sometimes. He only knows the fist few lines but it is enough.

The Katzbox said...

Cindy....you are sooooooo racy......j/k

Yea, you husband even looks like the Dean Martin type...AND he's a pro-golfer...puhleese......

Cindy said...

FYI - Dean Martin loved to play golf..and FYI the activity I was thinking of was singing a duet..that is not racy.

The Katzbox said...

Cindy...unless you're singing about cars...