Monday, January 5, 2009

IF I WAS A CHARACTER ON SCRUBS...OR FRIENDS....

Okay...so I'm a sucker for those on-line quizzes at "bloghogs" or whatever they call themselves now...sue me....no, please don't sue me, you'll win because I can't afford a good attorney...but you'll also lose because I have nothing to give you, unless you count a few boxes of pictures stored in my daughter's garage in a little town in California...that's it...my entire estate...me and Buddha-we travel light....

Anyway, I took some quizzes that, after answering a few personality questions, determined which character I would be best suited to portray, or best be represented by, on these particular shows...which I admit, I rather enjoy watching. And guess what?...the characters match! Not only do they match ME...but they rather match each other in the shows...and their common trait?....no surprise here....SARCASM!...ta dah!!!! Yes! Sarcasm...gosh, I didn't see that coming! Doh!!! That was sarcastic.

The first show was FRIENDS. Okay...who hasn't watched an episode of FRIENDS and matched themselves up with someone there?...huh?....you've done it...I know you have...we all know you have....fess up.....the thing is, I have always been called Phoebe...I have distinct Phoebe moments...I won't get into them...really....it's just that, I have this sarcasm thing going...it's kind of like a train and it's just picked up speed and it's running out of control...it's not a mean sarcasm...and it's usually self-directed...it's typically an observational type of sarcasm, but you know, it's there...so yea, I was tagged as Chandler...sarcasm...because that's so therapeutic for a psychologist....OOPS...there's that sarcasm thing again...

The second show I inquired about...because I have that kind of mind..that, you know...inquires...was SCRUBS...I love me some SCRUBS...the writing is fun, the timing is impeccable and it's just a fun fun fun way to kill 30 minutes. But the main reason I watch the show is....ta da...no big surprise...Dr. Cox...I eat up every scene he is in...I can't stand it...he is such a bastard (sorry folks, he is) so, imagine my surprise when I discovered that I am, indeed, Dr. Cox. Wow. A sarcastic, insufferable, perfectionist who wants everyone to be the best they can and doesn't really want to hold their hand while they do it and who hides his soft mushy center with sarcasm. Or, to quote Dr. Cox, "A soft, inner bastard covered in a hard, outer bastard shell" Yea...that's yo momma. After I completed the survey questions, I spun around from my computer and breathlessly said, "Peter! Guess which SCRUBS character I matched up to be most like?" His expression never changed...his steely blue eyes never wavered...he pointed to the television screen and said, "You took the time to fill out a survey? You could have just asked me. I would have pointed to the bastard in the white coat who never gets anyone's name right and is really sarcastic". Oh.....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

YOU? sarCAStic?

Unknown said...

oops, that looks like The Bowmans said that but actually Nancy said that - Nancy is using the Bowmans computer.

The Katzbox said...

That means that Nancy is playing with babies....fun time for Nancy....kiss them for me....