Friday, January 2, 2009

I LOVE PAULA POUNDSTONE...

Really. I think she is a funny funny lady. I found a bunch of her quotes this evening and I thought I would post them here. Just thought I would share with my friends and family what this clever, bright lady had to say...enjoy!

Adults are always asking kids what they want to be when they grow up because they are looking for ideas.

My Mom said she learned how to swim when someone took her out in the lake and threw her off the boat. I said, 'Mom, they weren't trying to teach you how to swim.'

The problem with cats is that they get the exact same look on their face whether they see a moth or an axe-murderer.

The wages of sin are death, but by the time taxes are taken out, it's just sort of a tired feeling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great way to start the day! thanks, Deb! TOO funny!

(i especially like the boat and swimming lessons one. HA!)

Emmy said...

I remember watching her growing up on the comedy channel. Funny lady. I like how she doesn't laugh a lot when she's making us crack up. . that gets me! It's the stephen wright effect.