Thursday, October 16, 2008

SEA WORLD-MOM, MAE, MOO, AND THE CLARKSTER

It was stunningly beautiful and there was virtually no one there. Perfect. No lines for rides. The exhibits were great, as is usually the case. Parking was a breeze. And speaking of breeze, it was perfect as it rolled in off the ocean, refreshing and nourishing after the hideous El Nino winds we've endured the past week.

First up are some pics we took from the kids' water play park. I love to watch Mae and Clark running in action. It's difficult to catch them because they're so fast but that's the challenge. Sheer joy....





Then we watched the dolphins and a couple of whales performing. That was amazing. Those dolphins are so fun to watch.

I got to go on a few rides with Mae, as did Emmy.


We met a couple of celebrities!



But the best thing about the entire day, to my way of thinking, is when it's all said and done...sure, we get to watch the little kids oogle and ahhhh at the fish and the fun and be sticky-giggly all day, but for me, I get to spend the entire day with MY kid...my funny, pretty, kind, compassionate, faithful, did I mention pretty and funny? daughter..MY baby girl....and that just never gets old...


6 comments:

Diane said...

I LOVE this last picture of you and Miss Em. It is beautiful. I miss you both!

The Katzbox said...

Hey my friend. I miss YOU. What is going on with you? I miss your freckly face and your smile!!!

Emmy said...

awww. . .shucks. I love you, too, Moo!!
That picture of Clark running looks just like Grandma Wendy to me!
Looks my genes may just have a chance. . .hahah. .like anyone escapes the chin! hahaha. .

Emmy said...

Two reasons. . I love Clark. . .

Private joke, for all confused.

Anonymous said...

wonderful day. :)

Eli Bowman said...

Looks like a blast, Mom. And Emily is right...once a McCoy chin is involved...it's all over. Pack it up, baby, because it gonna be round down there for you and your posterity to follow. HAH!


...by "down there" I meant the chin area. You people are SICK! [vomits]