Saturday, October 11, 2008

THOREAU "HAPPINESS" QUOTE



Here is my assignment:

Post 10 things that are going right in your life right now. I don't care how small. You're happy with your cup of tea. You saw a flock of geese flying over. ANYTHING. Things that make you happy. Things that make you smile. No pressure.

It's small and it's simplistic, but maybe for the time you are compiling your list, you'll forget about the bad going on and focus on something good.


1. Peter and I went to Costco to add to our food storage. He's primarily doing this because he knows this makes me very happy-way happier than it makes him. While we were there, we saw little Eli and Peter Jr having pizza. We sneaked out my camera and began taking zoom-lens pics but they busted us and started waving-it was cute to see them there.
2. I reconnected with an old friend that I met in 9th grade...we've met for dinner twice. What a precious gift, this rekindled friendship.
3. Although I woke up with a wicked bladder infection, Peter took me to Emergent Care and stayed with me until I was seen and then we went to two different pharmacies for the cheapest prescription-all of this without medical insurance...feeling so much better and I am soooooooooooooo grateful for that.
4. Buddha is so much more lovable and fun to hug since he took a shower with me and is so much cleaner-he's destined to take more showers with me....poor baby.
5. I have one more Netflix movie to watch this weekend-The first 3 episodes of Season One of Heroes. We watched "Immortal Beloved" last night. It's about Beethoven's muse and starred Gary Oldman-my new crush.
6. I'm preparing my lesson for Church tomorrow-it's on tithing and I get to present wonderful material.
7. Finally finally finally found America's Next Top Model on TV last night-YAY!!!
8. Emily loaned me her "how to decorate" book by Pottery Barn-it's a crash course on space, color, and other components of style and now I can't wait to redo my living space until I move and then DO my house after I move-so jazzed.
9. I have coffee ice cream and gourmet chocolate layer cake waiting for me...oh yea...
10.I am loved and my husband and chillin' and grand chillin' and mom and siblings and their families and my uncles and their families and my friends are alive and well and the Church is alive and well and moving forward. Life is good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

insane that you posted this and asked us to list our blessings because i had JUST FINISHED posting MY BLOG about good feelings.

karma, baby. karma.

The Katzbox said...

Amen and amen....

Eli Bowman said...

I will make my list at work tomorrow...and then I'll work on spreadsheets for HOURS on end.