Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Wicked Scary Funny Moment

Today, little Eli and I were in the kitchen...he had the refrigerator door open because he's 16 and apparently that's a requirement of someone his age....so anyway, my back is to him and I hear, "What the heck is this doing in the refrigerator?"

I turn to look and he's holding up a can of Comet cleanser that was in the door of the refrigerator...I was stunned...just shocked...I froze...I thought, "What the heck is wrong with me?...am I losing it totally?"....I was at a loss for words and I could feel the sweat beginning to pop out on my forehead as I tried to make sense of putting the Comet in the door of the refrigerator to this young man...and then, thankfully, it was like a gift of understanding dropped into my brain.

The Comet was on the sink because I was cleaning and it happened to to be roughly the same size, shape and color of the Parmesan cheese container we just bought. I wasn't being forgetful, I was being thorough AND neat!!! YAY for me!!! And what a cool and fun way to remember little Eli's face when he was standing with the door of the refrigerator open and holding the Comet...priceless...

3 comments:

Jette said...

It's just like you to put the comet in the fridge. Ha Ha!

Don't feel bad....I do it all the time.

frizzlefry said...

Knowing how warped I am, I don't know if you will feel better if I tell you that I do it all of the time too. Maybe you don't feel reassured that you're behavior is fine if it's the crazy lady you're being compared to. . .

The Katzbox said...

Hey, I'm just thrilled that I'm not alone...just so happy...*sigh of relief*