Sunday, December 16, 2007

Today at Church...

So, today at Church I was sitting with Gia, my friend who is 91 (not 93 as I posted in a prior entry...my bad). We were sitting in the 2nd row due to her failing eye sight and only 40% hearing in one ear, the other ear totally deaf. The husband of my good friend Kitty, his name is Joel, had to ask me a question about a lesson I taught last week as we take turns teaching the Gospel Essentials class. Gia and I were sitting on the end of the pew on the aisle. Joel knelt down on the aisle on one knee and began talking to me as I was sitting there. Gia, not hearing what he was saying, said in a very loud voice with her very Italian accent, eyebrows raised and laughing said, "Zees man, he is kneeling on one knee and speeking to you, zees appears to be fairy important, no?" as she patted me on the shoulder...hmmmmmm

I had to punch Joel in the shoulder to keep him from saying something funny, as he would do, but the only thing he said was, "No Gia, I have to do this to stoop to her level"....sometimes deaf is good.

2 comments:

frizzlefry said...

How sweet that there is a man on Earth who will go down on one knee still!

The Katzbox said...

Yea, without taking his crutch out from under him anyway...