Monday, December 31, 2007

For Tammy...



My sweet friend in the country of the heartland...the seminary teacher for my daughters...1st counselor to my 2nd counselor with Jeni as President of the YW...mad dashes to Chicago...fireball bursts of energy...was NOT afraid of an expletive when the situation called for it...an infectious giggle...carried her new son home from the hospital to hear her phone ringing, telling her she had to bury her other son, drown while saving a friend...STRENGTH, RESILIENCE, CHARITY, WISDOM...we lost you too soon Tamara...tonight, at the same exact time, Jeni in her desert and I here in my desert will hold up a candle to the moon and we will send you our love and our thanks, and to your son Mark, we will send love and strength...and when we were all set apart for that presidency so many years ago, the Bishop said we were forging friendships that would be eternal...I plan on claiming that promise my sweet, funny, brave friend...forever and ever, here and now, on this final day of 2007, I send you off, but our love has wings...and you are FREE.........................................

4 comments:

frizzlefry said...

Sweet Prayers for you, Katz. ANd all of my love in your hour of grief.

Emmy said...

We Love you, Tammy! As I was just called as Laurel Advisor, I remember all my years in YW with you. ..such a wonderful friend. You will be missed. . . .

The Green Blog said...

You're so full of love, Tammy. I will always remember big hugs and bright smiles from you while you were on this side. Until we meet again.

Jette said...

I will always remember her laugh and smile. She helped me through so much. I thank her for her compation and desire to help others. Tammy will be missed and loved forever. I love you all and treasure everyday that I have with you.