Friday, August 20, 2010

PRESCRIPTIONS, BUICKS, SMILES

Here's what really happened. I had to go to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription. It was a lovely day and I left all the windows in my car down. Actually, the day was hellish, but my air conditioner is broken, but why complain, right? I was told to take one of the pills from my Rx IMMEDIATELY with a lot of water. I did this in the parking lot. I am nothing, if not compliant. *sure*

Anyway, they were horse pills-HUGE. So, as I swallowed this Buick, it became lodged in my throat and fought with all of its horsepower all the way down, sideways. I began to burp, which became quite "engaged", shall we say. I was belching and growling and guttural for the entire time I was backing out of my parking space. Imagine my shock when I turned and saw a very attractive gentleman nodding and smiling at me through my open back passenger window. I hit the brakes and sat there stunned. My hand flew to my mouth and I actually said the following, "Oh my gosh. I am so sorry. I never ever belch like that! I just took a big horse pill and it was stuck and I was trying to clear my throat. I am just so sorry!" The entire time my head is shaking, my eyes are huge, my hands was waving-the whole ditzy blond 9 yards, right?

His smile wavers for perhaps an nth of a second and this is his response, "Okay. I was just letting you know that you had more clearance while you were backing your car out."

I do NOT make this stuff up. Don't get me started on what happened at Subway today.

7 comments:

Emmy Slusser said...

hahah!! You mean when you peed on the floor?

The Katzbox said...

IT WAS MOUNTAIN DEW!!!!!

Emmy Slusser said...

uh huh.

The Katzbox said...

My bladder gonna have a talk with your bladder one ah dees days.

Abby said...

lol! I thought that post was funny, then I saw the comments!

Emmy Slusser said...

In mom's defense, she didn't have access to a bathroom for a long time.

The Katzbox said...

Emily! Don't make me come over there and put you in time out...

(Don't you wish...)

:)

Abby-it really was Mt. Dew that spilled. Imma post about it RIGHT NOW!