Thursday, August 19, 2010

JUST GET ME THERE ALREADY...

We're leaving on Saturday morning. Early. I have a UTI. I'm nauseous, feverish, in pain, and fatigued as all get out. I'm trying to keep my mind occupied but it's difficult. I have a constant fever now and all I want to do is kvetch. And then I remember this:

This is our big road trip with Elijah before he leaves on his 2-year, full-time, compassionate services mission for our Church. That, in and of itself, is exciting.

My husband will have 2 weeks off and that hasn't happened in I-don't-know-how-long. (My normally stoic hubby is actually getting a little giddy!)

My family ADORES him so on Saturday nite, it's PETER APPRECIATION NIGHT at my sister and bro-in-law's house and their fabulous yard (which reminds me a little of the Secret Garden *to me*). All the in-laws and out-laws arrive and everyone (including Peter) karaokes and laughs and eats and looks at pictures and teases and basically it's Heaven with a cool deck and some humidity.

I'll finally get to see Maine and all of my husband's favorite beaches and old haunts. He is excited to have me meet his old friends and see the house his father built.

We're driving back thru the Finger Lakes regions to meet with our friends, (if they're home), the Jones' (whom we adore!!!).

We going thru Kirtland, Ohio to visit some historic Church sites.

We heading up to Michigan to visit with MY in-laws and attend a wedding and have some good family time up there. It's over due and much good is anticipated.

Then we may hop over to Nauvoo and Carthage (more Church history sites).

Then back to C-bus for more family time and fly home. GRANDBABIES!!!!! MY BABIES!!!! DUCK & DOOV!!!! T.T!!!!!!!

THE MOMMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay...I feel better already. Pics to be forthcoming.

In the meantime, here are some pics of Pete when he and his sons lived in Maine together several years ago. I'm going to make him look at these again, just to get him even more jazzed. Cause imma like that...and he's wearing lobster claws on his hat...so he's asking for it...

No comments: