Thursday, March 18, 2010

MAE MAE AND THE HOLLYKINS...STILL NO SNAKES...

And today's one-day-late birthdays are their highnesses, Princesses Mae Mae and the Hollykins. St. Patrick's Day means nothing to our family anymore and hasn't for many years. 28 years ago, it became, "The day before Eli's birthday"....6 years ago, it became "Mae Mae's entrance onto the mortal stage" and approximately 2 years ago, we found out it was the wonderful day that our Hollykins Bowman, wife of oldest son, Eric, came into our lives. None of us have ever looked back...not once, not for anything, ever.



Mae Mae is wise beyond her years and beautiful to behold. She is currently taking piano lessons from her Grandma TaTa, whose family she had the profound wisdom to be born into. I'll give it to my grandchildren, they can pick some wicked cool/smart/fun grandparents. :) Her TaTa can also sew up a storm and therefore Mae Mae will also have the ability to learn the art of tailoring and crafting as well. Good! I'm so tired of stapling my hems, I can't begin to tell you. For dinner, Mae picked Shoguns, which is a Japanese restaurant where they prepare your dinner at your table with the big fire and knives and sounds and smoke and mirrors...it was grand fun. At the end, our very Japanese chef told us to, "Mangia! Mangia!", which is ITALIAN for "Eat! Eat!".

Hollykins comes to our family by way of Jackson, and by marriage to our son, Eric. It's odd, because it feels like we've been waiting for her to show up. She slid right into place and the party seems to start when she walks in the door. When I'm home, I love to sit at the table with Holly and Abby, my two DILs and just sit and talk and listen. One night, they both sat and colored in coloring books. My mother hung up their pictures on the refrigerator....cutest things ever!!!!

I must stop this....okay okay okay....I'm blessed I'm blessed I'm blessed....move along now, nothing here to see....

just this glow.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YAY Mae Mae and Holly! Happy Birthday! It really is so neat that they all have b-day smooshed together like that. What a lovely group of people.