Friday, January 22, 2010

THIS IS NOT THE WEATHER I GREW UP WITH...

It hailed today, here in SoCal. There's weird weather all over the country. Sure, it's winter and all, but the patterns are out of control. Hurricane season is harsher than it used to be. Good luck getting hurricane insurance if you're a homeowner in Florida, or anywhere else down there in the risky areas (from what I heard from a couple of friends). Floods and fires in the west are out of control...tho I wish I could have taken a picture of Smoky the Bear the other day as I rounded the mountain. It was raining pretty hard and the clouds were hanging low. There is a daily indicator that Smoky holds that tells motorists of that day's threat for fire. As I passed the bend, through my windshield wipers and the rain I made out that the day's risk for fire was "moderate"....sure....

Anyway, as I thought about the weather changing and the huge debate that typically ensues after such a statement I thought: you know, I don't really know why, or have any interest whatsoever in establishing blame or shame, I just know that this is not the weather I grew up with. It is different weather than the weather I knew in the 60s or 70s. I know I live on the other side of the country, but things are different...just different...

Winters are warmer, springs and falls are wackier...I'm not complaining, I'm only making an observation...and I think it has import and we need to look at it...

That's all...

No comments: