Friday, June 4, 2010

TWINS, PIGGIES, AMENS

Tonight I had the pleasure of going to dinner at my son and daughter-in-law's house where I played with my twin grand-babies. I had a ball. Abby and I got to spend a couple of hours together with the kids before Eli came home. The babies were playing in the pool...then the swings, where Livvy relaxed on my lap (and I mean relaxed like a pro-all sprawled out).

As she was leaning back relaxing, she repeatedly stroked the skin on the inside of my upper arm. I don't know why, but this is a point of attraction for grandchildren and little Eli. There's just something about that skin... Anyway, she lazily stroked my arm for awhile and then folded her arms in prayer and said "amen". Seriously! How cute is that? I guess we shared a spiritual experience there.

Charlie allowed me the joy of chewing on his piggies. Time after time after time. And he giggled each and every time. Heaven.

I saw lightening bugs.

Abby prepared an excellent supper and Eli grilled chicken kabobs. We dined outside. Then the missionaries came over and we had a great discussion on vibratory energy. Wha???? Yea. It was fun.

And then...be still my heart...I had the privilege of watching Eli and Abby put the twins to bed. Each parent stands next to a crib while one says the evening prayer and little voices murmur some version of "amen"; then, while bowing down over their children, Mommy and Daddy sing a hymn. Tonight was "Teach Me To Walk In the Light". On the 3rd verse, they harmonized. I think that room is a sacred space and the veil is pretty thin. I think angels must stand as guards there. I also think I was probably one of the last of the grandparents to witness such a sight...because I have a feeling that both of their late grandfathers have each been in that room plenty...

It was a great evening...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely post, deb. i am so glad you are getting to experience all of them. wonderful people, eh?

The Katzbox said...

Oh my word, Nancy....they are the best.

Eli Bowman said...

Wow, Mom...I had no idea you felt that way. I guess it IS pretty special. Your words really moved me.