Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A TRULY "FORMAL" APOLOGY

I follow a very funny fellow named David Thorne on Twitter. He also has a blog. Here's the address: http://www.27bslash6.com. He's hysterical. He developed a "formal" apology jpeg that you can copy and print off and use it on an "as needed" basis. I'm going to follow his advice and keep hundreds on hand. Here it is:
I hope you can see it. If you can't, it's worth getting a magnifying glass for. It has "fill-in-the-blank" for reasons, rationalizations, etc.; it has check offs for "I feel" with a list of various emotions; it has "Please" followed by a list of items the "penitent" can check off such "please forgive me", "give me another chance" or "do not call the police". It just covers all the bases.

Well, there you go. And you know what? You're welcome. And ummm... please forgive me. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, why not, y'know? after all, apologies seem to be a regular business these days. might as well streamline. besides, it's not like this form loses any of the sincerity - there ISN"T any sincerity!

Jay Marsh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.