Sunday, July 15, 2007

It's these grandsons...what's the deal...

So, I was working in the nursery today, helping out. This one little boy, 3 years old. His name was Tommy. He was nonverbal. His grandfather dropped him off. Tommy was beside himself, weeping uncontrollably. How, I don't know, but finally I was somehow able to get Tommy to allow me to hold him. He sat on my lap and relaxed enough to lay against me. I looked down at his little head and guess who I saw. Alex. I just started rocking. Here is a little nonverbal Hispanic boy, laying against me, relaxing totally, he and I, melding into one...I'm rocking as I type this...and my heart aches for my firstborn grandson. My Alex, my little quiet shadow, my heart. August is coming soon enough for me.

6 comments:

Jette said...

The feeling is very mutual.

Diane said...

I can picture this....you rocking him. And oh, how I can identify with your feelings of longing for your grandson. My heart is there, too.
Deb...we are grandmas!!!! How cool is THAT????

The Katzbox said...

WAY cool my friend...too cool for words. Did we EVER see this coming Diane? I sure didn't. I couldn't get through the day, much less see into the future. Yikes....but the future is now...and how cool are we as grandmas...we are totally writing the book on cool g-mommin. OH yea....

Diane said...

"g-mommin"....i love it. I am smiling bigtime right now.

The Green Blog said...

You two are the coolest g-mommas this side of the Mississippi!

Jette said...

I totally agree with the "Blog". Need I say more?! I think not!