Tuesday, May 18, 2010

"YOU SAY MORE THAN YOU KNOW"...my new book...YAY

My new book arrived today. I'll have to take it to Ohio because I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that Eliot will want to read it so we can discuss it. And then, he'll perform off-the-cuff skits about it...right there, right then, he'll fall head-on into some obtuse discussion of the book, which will tangent off into the theatre of the weird....gotta love Eli....

The book is entitled, "You Say More Than You Think" by Janine Driver. She was a federal agent for many years with the ATF and learned (nay, was GIFTED in) *hehe* reading peoples' nonverbals. She is the founder and president of the Body Language Institute in Washington D.C. I saw her interviewed on a show and she was pretty interesting. So I bought her book. I'm that easy. Please, if I'm ever published, let me find thousands of "me's" out there....I'll sell off the shelf in no time.

This isn't a "he did *this* so he must mean *that*" type of book. Its subtitle is, "A 7-Day Plan For Using the New Body Language To Get What You Want". Now...I don't want anything in particular, except to be done with this literature review, but I do want to understand what she knows....cause I want to know EVERYTHING!!! Because when I grow up, I want to DO EVERYTHING.

okay...I'm going back to my paper now...but don't try to get anything over on me...cause I'll KNOW....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming by my blog to procrastinate. It's been a long time since I was in school looking for things to do to procrastinate. Good thing blogs didn't exist then, or I would never have finished my thesis. It was hard enough as it was, with the advent of chatrooms. Ha! Interested in hearing more about this book as you read it. I can't believe you have an entire second blog devoted to Tim Gunn. Too funny! I love it.