Wednesday, August 27, 2008

DAY TWO WITH CLARK...SORRY EMMY

Well, this is another fine mess I've gotten myself into. Clark and I are totally in a world of our own making. Em and her family left for vacation, leaving Clarkie and me on our own in her house...just us...no phone ringing...no obligations...no school (yet)...no appointments...just me and the boy...and we are non-linear creatures...we eat when we want, sleep when we want, we play whenever we want, we invent new games such as-bring the umbrella stroller INTO THE HOUSE and run all over with it, up and down the wood floors of the living room into the great room, zoom in a circle, and repeat the pattern...we sleep on floors...we eat on furniture...we sleep in our clothes...and then it occurred to me; THIS IS EXACTLY HOW I RAISED MY CHILDREN. Okay, not EXACTLY, but relatively closely....Em had better get home soon or else Clarkie will be a really funny, smooth talking, singing, dancing, charming schmoozer who stays up ALL night and still manages to get to early morning seminary while just barely keeping the rules and somehow serving a mission....oh please let there be a "dear, sweet one" in his future.....

5 comments:

Diane said...

But...
I bet you left "the spoon" at home.
hahaha.
I know some stuff.
1-2-3. forgetaboutit.

Anonymous said...

i don't know nothin' 'bout no spoon, but it sounds to me like Clarkie boy is havin' one rootin' tootin' time with his Moo.

Unknown said...

oh those "dear sweet ones". They do wonders don't they?! :) Teehee!

Unknown said...

Although, we can be highly overrated. We pick our spouses well, that's really the trick.

The Katzbox said...

Diane, I will never run for public office....1-2-3...hahahahahahah, it's a wonder my kids learned to count at all!

Nancy, Clarkie does seem to be having some fun, let's hope we can maintain it for 3 more days...

Dear Sweet One-you deserve all of the praise that goes your way honey...every bit of it.