Monday, May 12, 2008

INNER DIALOGUE IN WHICH OUR SHERO RESPONDS TO QUESTIONING



Q: So, what do you do all day,actually?
A: Try to figure out a way to stay in the house, or at least on the property.

Q: Why is that?
A: Because I don't want to leave. If I have to leave the house for something, it usually involves some sort of aggravation doesn't it? Am I right? There are very very few exceptions aren't there? Come on, that's quite tough to argue with.

Q: You must know how unhealthy that sounds.
A: Really? I think it sounds really rather straight forward. It's a strategy, you see.

Q: But what if everyone felt this way? What if we all just stayed inside when we didn't want to deal with "aggravation" as you call it?
A: What about it?

Q: Well, can't you see the horrible problems it would cause? No one would teach school, no one would vote, no one would shop for food or do their banking or go to work. It would be chaos or anarchy!
A: Your tone is quite strident right now. Why do you think that is?

Q: Well! It's madness to maintain your position! People can't hide away, the world would fold up and civilization would cease to exist!
A: Perhaps you're right, you're actually beginning to go from strident to mad-within one small paragraph. Is someone with you that you can source some comfort from or to be with you now during this time?

Q: What the hell are you talking about? I'm not the crazy one! You're the one hiding from the world! You're the one who won't leave the house!
A: Quite right. Well, I should consider getting out more, before you lose all of your marbles entirely. Thank you. I'm glad we've had this conversation.

Q: What the hell just happened here?
A: Don't know, but I think you owe me money.

No comments: