Friday, February 15, 2008

Tonight was the temple with the youth...






I picked up little Eli from school at 5:00 to head to the Redland's Temple in San Bernadino...they kids were doing baptism, so to kill the time, I did some sealings and initiatories...it was great, as always.

But the most wonderful part of the evening was when I picked up little Eli (called this because my own Eli is called "big" Eli to denote age)...anyway, he didn't see me watching him. He was getting some food from a roach coach (hot dogs and such). He went back to pick up his gear and apparently he had been sitting and visiting with a school mate in a wheelchair who appeared to have cerebral palsy. Eli was talking to him and gathering up his gear and as Eli left, he stopped. bent over and hugged this little guy. I was so pleased for the kid, but also for Eli. There were no other peers around this child except for Eli. Bravo kid...you are turning out fine...I stand all amazed...

I like to see that this is the stuff the Lord knows about...not just our crimes of omission, but actual, practical knowledge of reaching out in love to another human being...a sister or a brother...Please tell me things like above get recorded and mean something at the end...please...

2 comments:

Eli Bowman said...

3 Nephi Chapter 13

The Katzbox said...

Ahhhhh....my firstest, only-est, beautiful Eli....my son my son...