Monday, February 18, 2008

"Strange things are afoot at the Circle K, Ted"




Well, I try not to indulge in magical thinking...truly I do...but somethings, or events, or occurrences jolt me back to my woo woo-ness....for instance...

My mailbox is situated next to my neighbors, very very close in fact...the dear little lady has been dead for several months and her house remains empty...all the mail was stopped months ago...so the other day, her mailbox was open...no big deal, I just closed it up and went on my way...the next day, it was opened again...no big deal again, I just closed it up again...the next time it happened, I started to pay attention...I'm telling you, this is how I figger things out in life...I look for messages, and since Heavenly Father knows this about me, I think He uses it for that purposes...anyway, the whole mail box thing had my attention...now, let's think...mailboxes are used to receive messages, right?...right!...this one was opened against the odds...it's a metal box which fits quite tightly...so, now I'm pondering what message is coming my way...

AND THIS YESTERDAY...

This weird little wren was sitting on my side mirror of my car...just staring and pecking and flailing himself against it...I just noticed today that his mate (or someone) has a nest in the eaves of my carport but still...how flippin' odd is this?....I drive away and he waits and then gets right back at his perch on the mirror...I can't figure this little creature out...Wrens are known for "cooperative breeding", where the young will stay with their same parents for two or more breeding seasons and help with their siblings, interesting,...also, they are known for vocal duetting...the male sings a "cheerily cheerily cheerily" song and the female responds with a "chatter" song.(www.tc.umn.edu/~barke042/Wren.php)...again, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....cooperative breeding and vocal duetting....are these birds LDS?

And also, last night Peter and I looked at 2.5 acres of horse property up in Joshua Tree...(sorry Em...I'll explain later)...and I FELL IN LOVE with this house and land...IN LOVE I TELLS YA...I could have chickens and fainting goats and all kinds of good stuff...PLUS, the house was professionally decorated by a southwestern artist who received carte blanc from the owners and it's ALL INCLUDED...But, Peter didn't want it....but, I'm still trying...it's so quaint and charming...all cowboy-booty-ish *sigh*...but I shall persist until the NEXT BIG THING comes along...so I wonder if this has anything to do with THAT?....

My world...and welcome to it...me out

3 comments:

Eli Bowman said...

Most EXCELLENT post, dude.

Jette said...

TAKE IT-TAKE IT-TAKE IT-TAKE IT!!!


It sounds absolutely beautiful. Use you feminine ways to persuade that wonderful step-father of mine.

The Katzbox said...

ahhh, there's a fire pit with wind breaks and the scenery....oy...plus, it's about 15 degrees cooler up there....oy oy oy