Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I LOVE IRONY




Ahhh, I just love my life. The irony is wonderful and makes me smile...BIG OPEN MOUTH SMILES, a lot!!!.

Here I am taking a gay/lesbian literature course. As I stated previously, it was listed as a LGBT LIT course. I had absolutely no idea what that was; (not that it would have stopped me) however, it was a literature course that gave me 3 credits, which I needed, it met in the evenings, which I needed, and it was literature, which I craved. Poifect! So, I was a little surprised at the content (the BT is bisexual, trans-sexual or transgender).

So, the class meets (way) off campus at Palm Springs High School on Thursday evenings from 6:00 to 9:00. It's a very very small class. All the men are gay. I, of course, was adopted by the two most flaming, Don and Jeffrey. They are companions. Jeffrey is very British and LOVES vampires. Last night when we left and as we're walking through the gorgeous campus that is Palm Springs High School, he pulls me over and says, "Deborah, have you noticed the absolutely obscene number of bats that fly through here" *insert deep evil chuckle*. "And did you know Shelly's wife wrote Frankenstein?". I replied, "Well Jeffrey, apparently, all men are beasts." to which he said, "Oh yes, I'm afraid you're correct, men are rather beastly." I don't think he counted himself in that number. But I digress....

So, at 8:30 or so we take a break and here, on this far off-campus site, at this rather late hour, in this particular part of the this particular campus, I look at the classroom RIGHT NEXT DOOR and a sister from the relief society is teaching an English course...AT THE SAME TIME. And, sadly, it's not like this sister and I are friends. She does NOT like me. She NEVER has. EVER. I don't know what I've ever done to her but I've stopped over-trying, do you know what I mean? Some people just have their own issues and there is nothing one can do to "fix" it except be who you are. Plenty of other people care about me so it's not, apparently, me. But, sure enough, here she is walking past my classroom seeing me clown around with my two new gays and discussing gay literature. Oh, this should be interesting.....and frankly, fun.

7 comments:

frizzlefry said...

Yes, this is what life always does to me too!
And congrats on your new friends. I bet you are having a great time!

Jette said...

You go girl. I am so happy that you are having fun. You deserve it!! Go get 'em tiger.

The Katzbox said...

Thanks for the support. I am truly just going to enjoy my new friends, bats and all...oops, did I say that?

TT said...

Yes, you do have so many who love and adore her. Poor, mean sista, won't allow herself the privilege of getting to know you. We should pity her, really.

TT said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Katzbox said...

Wow, this was so nice...thanks to all...it's so nice to be loved...

Emmy said...

Oh! I love you, too, but was too late on this post. Can't wait to see you tomorrow and go to midnight madness - party all night SANS kiddos! Whoo Hoo!!!!