Tuesday, September 29, 2009

TANNING, RAINING, AND COLD-HEAVEN IN A 12-HOUR PERIOD.

Well....here's a new one for me.

I started off the day just great. It was sunny, which is nice. Maybe the breeze was a tad on the cool side, but the sun was very warm. Interesting....

I took my text book out by the pool to read a chapter. I timed my IPod for almost an hour-I played my Holosync "floating" CD....ahhhhhhh and then chatted on the phone with Em, so it was more fun than productive, but anyway...

Came in, showered, lit one of my most favorite scented candles (clean sheets) did some homework (which counts as labor because I really have to use my noodle folks-as the song goes, "It don't come easy, you know it don't come easy"). My sliding doors and windows were open and I thought, "something smells funny, yet strangely familiar, what the heck?" I opened the door and imagine my surprise when I had found that it had rained a little bit. Oh. My. Gosh.

So the dog and I ran downstairs to walk around the building and take in the smells that go with rain. We are so NOT used to that!!!! How delightful. And to be able to WALK without gimping is WONDERFUL!!!

I came back up, did some more homework, and realized, "Hey! I need a sweater!" WHA?????

So today, I sunbathed, walked in sprinkles, and now I'm wearing a cuddly sweater. Wow....life is grand....time for some hot herb tea and buttered toast....SUH WEET!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

one of my favorite things is when the temperature drops as the day goes on. i LOVE cold, gray, rainy afternoons.

i love afternoons, period. you know how people always ask if you're a morning person or a night person? well, i guess it's weird, but i'm an afternoon person.

The Katzbox said...

I get that-about the weather. My favorite day has always been the windy, dark, warm day with dramatic clouds and threatening skies. SKY DRAMA!!!! Thunder boomers and lightening just tickle me pink. Ask the kids...we would run outside and twirl around and around in the wind before the rain started....no wonder Eli's a little off center....
:)