Saturday, August 22, 2009

HOW YOU KNOW YOU'RE VISITING TOO OFTEN AT YOUR GRANCHILDREN'S HOUSE

I reported to my daughter's house this evening at 4:00 pm for her and her husband to go out. I've been there...a lot...since I moved to the same neighborhood. We're having *ahem* a lot of bonding time together. Did I mention A LOT? My son-in-law has been quite patient.

Anyway, I knocked lightly at the door and no one answered. I wasn't sure if Em was home because I didn't see her car. It could have been in the garage, or she could have not even been home yet. I saw her husband' car in the drive. So...I just walked around to the back and let myself in. I began doing dishes and straightening up. Soon, the 2-year-old boy came down the steps and found me cleaning the kitchen. His eyes opened wide and his little face broke into a big grin. Without taking his eyes off of me, he leaned his head to the side and yelled up the steps, "DA DA, MOO MOO'S HOME!"

Yea...maybe I'm visiting too often....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

judging from the big grin you got, i doubt it.

:)

Unknown said...

that's so cute! I think you probably are home moo moo. :)

Emmy said...

Indeed, mom! My kids are in heaven! So am I!!! Really, I just float all day long. . . loving it!!!!

Emmy said...

I meant 'indeed ABBY'. . . about being home. Not about being here too much. geesh.