Tuesday, May 19, 2009

SOMETIMES THE QUESTION ISN'T ONLY "WHY AM I HERE" ....

Some of us get some really unnecessary email. It's called "spam" and if our email filters are working, we seldom see it. Oh sure, I still get email messages from Black singles in my area who want to meet me, as well as lots of new scientific breakthroughs to improve my manhood, but I digress.

Sometimes there are things that get through....things that we may or may not have remembered signing up for (okay, I'll speak for myself on this one) and they show up. I recently received such a message with a video attached and it was actually quite moving. As a rule, I don't like these things because I am so highly emotional the older I get that I tend to feel manipulated and I resent it. Humor, yes, I'll take it...with arms wide open. If something can make me laugh, I'll set up a room for it in the house...and did I mention that I'm a hermit?...now more than ever? Yes...

Anyway, the video was about the big question that we all ask ourselves, or we should ask ourselves at some point in our existence; "Why am I here?" Well, as Latter Day Saints, we address this question a lot in our studies and scriptures and we pretty much devote our mortal life to this question. The thing I like about this video that I received is the little question they tacked on at the end...in this video, it wasn't just about why we're here, the question also asked "for whom...."

3 comments:

Emmy said...

Oh, mom. . . . this is so wonderful! I am so thankful that I read it - it changes everything when you ask it like that, don't you think? This will definitely make it into one of my lessons this month. THanks!
xooxox-emmy

The Katzbox said...

Thanks Emmy...I love the way you teach the young women in your class...I would love to post the video you made on eternal marriage...if you think of it, please forward it to me, it's really inspiring...love you....

Jette said...

beautiful beautiful beautiful!!


You're the bestest!