Saturday, October 30, 2010

I NEED TIPS ON HOW TO TREAT INSOMNIA-AND NO, IT'S NOT "READ THIS BLOG"


It's 1:39 in the morning on a Sunday and I am physically exhausted but my eyes won't close. I don't know how or why this happens, but it's aggravating and I don't know what to do about it. I don't drink milk, or I would warm some because that is supposed to be very effective. I could take some xanax, but by the end of this post, I won't make much sense and then I won't remember it tomorrow and when I read my blog and find something that I don't remember posting, that's a rather disturbing event. It's happened before. I get nocturnal amnesia and it's troubling. Can you imagine? I have to really watch myself. I have to make sure car keys are put away in a manner that would require a lot of effort to get to them. I have to stay rational.

I have awoken to find food in my bed and no memory on how it got there. One morning I woke up and found a pan full of grits-untouched. I asked Peter how it got there and he said, "That would be your doing, my dear". I had no memory of actually making grits, but there was the evidence that I did. So...I proceed with caution when it comes to sleep aids. On the up side, how nice/out-of-touch is Peter? Never a word.... Of course, then he promptly forgets because he has raging ADHD and can't remember squat. So...win/win, eh?

So...here I sit, playing on my computer, listening to mother cough, and waiting for sleep to overtake me. I should just force myself to lay in bed and go to sleep....because forcing oneself to sleep is always effective. Sure.

What are some good ideas for insomnia? The people that read my blog are the smartest people I know (for real) and I know there are things I am missing...little help?....please?

What are some tips on getting to sleep?

Please and thank you.

*deep bow*

*deep wide awake bow*

*deep wide awake and while-I'm-down-here-I'll-play-with-my-shoe-laces bow*

:D

2 comments:

Emmy said...

don't sleep in a hospital - too loud. sleep in a dark, soft, cool room that smells good (okay, that last one's for me.).

The Katzbox said...

That's interesting...I've taken to burning incense during the day so that there is a residual scent at night time...and I love this bed...I guess the trick is to actually LAY in the bed, which means leaving the living room and actually GOING to the bed...