Friday, July 23, 2010

MOM, WALKER, SPIN, ASS

Yesterday was my 90-yr-old mother's first visit from the occupational therapist. Actually, it was the O.C.'s "boss" who evaluates Mom and then her assistant, who "isn't as nice" as "the boss" will work with mother twice a week. After "the boss" left Mom's home, mother was contemplating the coming sessions. She tried to put a positive spin on it all.

She said,

"This will be great for me"

"I'll build up endurance"

"My muscle strength will improve".

What she didn't realize was that I heard the following, whispered under her breath, as she walked away assisted by her walker....

"She's going to kill my ass"

6 comments:

Jette said...

I love my gene pool!!

Diane said...

I sure do love your mom.

The Katzbox said...

I sure do love you both.

Anonymous said...

i sure do love reading your blog.

Emmy said...

hahahh!!! Seriously. . .I can't believe that we get her for our family matriarch. . .she is so funny!

Eli Bowman said...

Classic Wanda Ruth....classic.