Sunday, September 5, 2010

LOVING THE LOBSTER...

Sometimes Peter does things that I can't explain. He's a New Englander, born and bred. He's stoic, pragmatic, practical, not given to whimsy or small talk. He's not a "mingler". He works with his hands. He's "salt of the earth". You know, THAT kind of guy. Getting the picture? So when his youngest sister recently gifted him with a huge, stuffed apparently female lobster with overly botoxed lips, he became rather enamored of it...defying all explanation. He brought it out in Columbus and insisted that we each have our picture taken with it. Not only our picture, but that we lovingly embrace it. Love the lobster....LOVE IT!!! And so I present....

Above is Peter "hiding" the lobster in a bedspread to "surprise" my brother, who was the first victim, sorry, recipient of the "love the lobster" campaign.
David was....um....a little stunned....
But David, being the nice guy he is, embraced the lobster...nay, he "loved" the lobster..
Next came my sister. She loved the lobster, but not without a strangle hold around its lobster neck. She's nothing if not passive-aggressive....believe...I'm her "little" sister...I know....
Next came Eli....he was used to it by now...he had loved the lobster in Michigan and now in Ohio...he was getting used to inter-species affection...
This is my bro, David's family. Mary obediently embraced the lobster, which was approximately as tall as her. Look at David's face. He was enjoying this....much more than he should have....

This is my mother with the lobster. Notice the walker in the distance. Peter had strategically moved the walker out of the way so mother couldn't escape....of course, I may be wrong about that....possibly...but does it look to YOU like she can get away?....hmmmmm???

This is all of us loving the lobster. I think the lobster looks inebriated. For real. Look at it. And look at its lips. The fact that Peter likes this thing sooo much makes me wonder if I need to look at Botox a little harder....and maybe some red lipstick...and a sun lamp....and some more xanax....

No comments: